The statement “cleaning the air” is little bit confusing for everyone. But then it is very important thing to be done by everyone. Sometimes you may feel that the air you breathe in your home is a little uncomfortable and the air doesn’t smell properly. Untidy air ducts may spread infections and allergies. Hence it is very important to clean an Indoor Air Duct properly and regularly in order to keep your family safe; of course, the safety of the family is always a top priority.
Preparations to stay safe:
- Place the Air Ducts at your home: Being your home you should know where the Air Duct actually exists. Therefore placing the Air ducts wherever you feel it is necessary is the first and foremost step to be taken.
- In a few homes, there are vents on high walls whereas in some other homes there may be vents located at the base level. Make sure you clean properly according to the systematic fashion.
- Roam the entire home and clean room by room properly. Check properly and clean wherever you feel it is necessary.
- Don’t forget to clean under the ducts. Check under every individual furniture properly. Check the carpets, rugs, paintings or any other hanging pictures and then clean it entirely in a complete manner.
- Don’t ignore if your vent is fixed high, make sure you clean them well with the help of a ladder or a stool.
- The supply register should be covered with a towel. Lift the register safely, cover it with a towel and then place it properly again in the same place.
Cleaning the ducts:
- Turn off the fan in the room where you are cleaning. Firstly start cleaning the filter properly. Make sure you clean the filter without damaging it.
- Using a toothbrush or any other brush you can remove the dust particles that are settled in the air ducts.
- You can use a sweep or a big brush to sweep away the dust particles that are settled in the Air Duct Cleaning. Use a screwdriver and stop the functioning of that register. Once you are done with your cleaning then you can again fasten the function of the register.
- Turn off the fan and start cleaning the fan completely. Use a brush to clean all the ends of the fan.
- You can use the vacuum cleaner to clean the blower department completely. Remove the panels from the front of the furnace. Then start cleaning the blower department.
Access the important air ducts:
- There is no need of cleaning the main air ducts, but then if you want to clean the air ducts completely then you can clean the main air duct as well.
- Use a vacuum cleaner and remove the dust completely from the air ducts.
- Remove the inner basement register and clean it as well. Try to clean the register by turning off its function. Resume the functioning of the register once you are done with cleaning.
- If you are not comfortable doing this job then try to call the professionals and clean the air ducts as clean as possible.